Thursday, September 5, 2013

Hood to Coast

I'm a little slow getting a post up on Hood to Coast.  I had a busy week of work and I needed all the extra sleep I could get.  The trip was everything I expected it to be and more! The 5 days went by super fast and I loved every moment.  Everyone said it was a life changing and once in a lifetime experience and I couldn't agree more.  I left Seattle more excited, driven, and inspired about my running than ever before. This is because of all the great people I met and interacted with.  Every single person shared the same love of running and it gave a renewed sense of excitement. I can't thank Nunn enough, along with Mason and Megan, for such and an amazing weekend. Nuun is class act company and I am very grateful that they hosted us.

The trip started with a fun trip to The Garage for bowling and socializing. I didn't get any bowling in but it was a great getting to know everyone. After the bowling we headed back to the hotel where I got to know my roommates Devon, Karen, and Catey a little bit better. I decided to stay up past my 8:00 bedtime to go out to dinner with them. I know, I'm wild and crazy:)

The next morning we got to go see Oiselle headquarters and go for a run around Green Lake.  So awesome to see where all the magic happens at Oiselle.  I loved to see all the excitement that everyone had to be there and meet the women of Oiselle.

Tere, Paige, Jennifer, and me

The famous Dr. Lesko and Oiselle Mac

Oiselle team manager Kristin and teammate Holly

Me and Oiselle teammate Robyn

That afternoon we got to go ride The Ducks. It was a tour around Seattle that ended in Lake Union.  This was my second trip to Seattle and my first one was very short so it was nice to see some more of the city.

That evening we had dinner at Nuun headquarters and then got to decorate the vans for the next day.

Nuun HQ

Megan made us some amazing cherry limeade cupcakes

Our van took off to Sandy, OR the next morning where we would be starting the first of our three legs.  My legs were 5.12, 6.81, and 3.32 miles. I am glad I had the shortest leg last. My body felt pretty beat up by the end but it was fun to get out there and run hard. After leg two I wasn't sure how I was going to get going again but somehow I did.  The running weather was great and the girls in my van were pretty great too (Paige, Emily, Tanaya, Tere, and Jennifer). I spent over 24 hours in a van with them and made some amazing friends that I will have for life. Can't wait to see them again.

Leaving Seattle for Oregon

Waiting in Sandy for the fun to start
last leg

Me and Paige at the last exchange 

After we finished we got to spend the rest of the day in Seaside enjoying the beautiful beach weather and of course Seaside Brewing Company.

Jennifer, Tere, me and Paige

Soaking our feet with some of Team Lemonade

Four person selfie

This is what I looked like after being awake for 40 hours

I spent the week once I got home laughing out loud about things that were said and things that happened over the weekend.  Can't wait to do it again!


  1. I don't know how we stayed up so long . . . . crazy, I may still be recovering! Anyway, so nice to meet you and good luck with all your racing!

  2. It was so wonderful to meet you!!! You have such a genuine and kind personality. I was completely inspired by the group of women in your van. You ladies are all amazing. Hope to chat again with you someday, until then I am glad I get to be a fellow Oiselle mate.:)

  3. I loved reading your post! So fun to reflect on our fun times...I'm still laughing!! :)

  4. So impressed with you girls! I have never run a relay, it sounds exhausting but it also sounds like you made some awesome memories that will last a lifetime. Very happy for you!!

  5. Great post!! Looks like a blast!